उत्तराखंडी ई-पत्रिका की गतिविधियाँ ई-मेल पर

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

उत्तराखंडी ई-पत्रिका

उत्तराखंडी ई-पत्रिका

Thursday, January 16, 2014

My Ganga will come to me: A Garhwali Folk Tale for Managers to believe on Conviction

Garhwali Folk Tales, Fables, Traditional Stories, Community Narratives -54

  Compiled and Edited by: Bhishma Kukreti (Management Training Expert)

                  Kumbh festival in Haridwar is celebrated after every twelve years. Garhwal king was o given due respect for dipping into Ganga at Kumbh festival. The custom was that after Akhada bath, Garhwal king would dip first into Ganga than other Indian Kings.
               There was Kumbh festival. Tens of Indian Kings gathered in Haridwar for dipping into holy Ganga. Garhwal King also arrived to take dip.
             Night before the dipping day, other Indian Kings decided that they would not allow Garhwal King to take bath earlier than them. Indian Kings from all over India were ready for battle as they were equipped with army and weapons.
              Garhwal king was with only his body guards in Haridwar. Garhwal King came to know the conspiracy of other kings. His tent and camp was far away from Ganga. The tents of other kings were nearer to Ganga bank.
  Garhwal King prayed all the deities and goddesses. Garhwal king said loudly, “Meri Ganga hweli ta meem ali or if Ganga is mine she would come to me.”
            Next morning the holy dipping day, everybody in Haridwar was shocked to see that Ganga changed its bank and was flowing near to tent of Garhwal King. Indian kings understood the power of devotion.
              Every Indian Kings came to camp of Garhwal King and requested pardon. Garhwal King pardoned everybody and as per custom dipped into Ganga before other kings.


Copyright @ Bhishma Kukreti 12/1/2014 for review and interpretation
Garhwali Folk Tales, Fables, Traditional stories, Community Narratives for Effective Managers, Effective executives, Effective Boss, Effective Supervisors or Stories for Effective management, management Lesson from Garhwali Folk Literature from Garhwal, to be continued …in next chapter

                                 References

1-Bhishma Kukreti, 1984, Garhwal Ki Lok Kathayen, Binsar Prakashan, Lodhi Colony, Delhi 110003, 
2- Bhishma Kukreti 2003, Salan Biten Garhwali Lok Kathayen, Rant Raibar, Dehradun
3- Bhishma Kukreti, Garhwali Lok Kathaon ma Prabandh Vigyan ka Tantu , Chitthi Patri’s Lok Kathayen Visheshank  , Dehradun
Xx
My Ganga will come to me: A North Indian Garhwali Folk Tale for Managers to believe on Conviction; My Ganga will come to me: A North Indian Garhwali Folk Tale from Dhangu Garhwal for Managers to believe on Conviction; My Ganga will come to me: A Garhwali Folk Tale from Gangasalan Pargana Garhwal for Managers to believe on Conviction; My Ganga will come to me: A North Indian Garhwali Folk Tale from Lansdowne Tehsil Garhwal for Managers to believe on Conviction; My Ganga will come to me: A North Indian Garhwali Folk Tale from Pauri Garhwal for Managers to believe on Conviction; My Ganga will come to me: A North Indian Garhwali Folk Tale from Haridwar Garhwal for Managers to believe on Conviction; My Ganga will come to me: A North Indian Garhwali Folk Tale from Dehradun Garhwal for Managers to believe on Conviction; My Ganga will come to me: A North Indian Garhwali Folk Tale from Uttarkashi Garhwal for Managers to believe on Conviction My Ganga will come to me: A North Indian Garhwali Folk Tale from Tehri Garhwal for Managers to believe on Conviction; My Ganga will come to me: A North Indian Garhwali Folk Tale from Chamoli Garhwal for Managers to believe on Conviction; My Ganga will come to me: A North Indian Garhwali Folk Tale from Rudraprayag Garhwal for Managers to believe on Conviction; My Ganga will come to me: A North Indian Garhwali Folk Tale from Garhwal, Uttarakhand  for Managers to believe on Conviction; My Ganga will come to me: A North Indian Garhwali Folk Tale from Garhwal, Himalaya for Managers to believe on Conviction; My Ganga will come to me: A North Indian Garhwali Folk Tale from Garhwal, North India  for Managers to believe on Conviction;

No comments:

Post a Comment

आपका बहुत बहुत धन्यवाद
Thanks for your comments